Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Tony Bennet - welcome home to San Francisco.

I just happened to be in San Francisco and at City Hall and the air was full of excitement.


Everyone was talking about Tony Bennet and that he would be honored - and everyone was so happy.


I left my heart in San Francisco:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1x8W29pDRw

The Mayor Edwin Lee and the City and County of San Francisco was going to honor Tony Bennet - he just won an Emmy Award and there was some talk about Tony Bennet and 50 years of celebration.


Tony Bennet is a humble man and a man well loved where ever he goes.


Tony is not only good at singing and playing music but most people do not know - he is a a good painter - and his paintings fetch a fat price.


City Hall was packed at least the area surrounding the stairs leading up to City Hall - and where the fat cats were gathered to see Tony  - up close and personal.


There was no way I was going to use my influence - or move through the crowds - I had just finished two back to back meetings and was dying to get out of City Hall and back home to rest.


So, I did take a few pictures from an area where I already was and knew the security personnel. 


Then after the second meeting - I went to an area where a special stage was erected and requested - a woman journalist to take a couple of photographs for me. She obliged and I was a happy camper.


I wished her Happy Valentine Day - and she smiled and that was it.


Enjoy the photographs:


http://www.flickr.com/photos/franciscodacosta/sets/72157629321269861/show/


I left my heart in San Francisco:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1x8W29pDRw



















No comments:

Post a Comment