Total Pageviews

Friday, July 2, 2021

PETER VAOVASA - PETER WILL BE MISSED BY THOUSANDS - HE TOUCHED THEIR HEARTS - BY HIS SMILE - HIS HEART IN THE RIGHT PLACE - WE WERE VERY GOOD FRIENDS - SPEAK HIS NAME.

 









Peter Vaovasa #58 and Mape - Balboa High School


I have fond memories of Peter Vaovasa, Andrew Vai, Mape, Afa, Tree, Mcmanus, Eskimo, Jonathan Kaulave - and many other football players and friends - who I was associated with on many levels - and love them dearly to this day.

I would attend the high school games - and while the coaches did what they did best - I took care of hydration and related issues - kept the football players - nourished - and on the go.

Peter Vaovasa was dear to me - and more when we went to Oxnard - we took youth - to the UC Los Angeles Summer Cottages - rented to us to help the youth - where we had our Summer Summer - and focused on the Polynesian culture. 

It is here where I got to know Peter Vaovasa better - and we became good friends.

His passing came as a shock to me - a young man in his 30s - he has left us - but not without leaving a deep impression on the mind and hearts of all those he touched.



Peter Vaovasa and his high school football team.


When you love someone deep - and the news is given to you - more during this pandemic - it shakes you up.

More, when recently - several people I know have gone to the hospital - some suffering from a sudden heart attack, other battling cancer, still others - touch and go - Novel COVID-19 - many I say more.

At the time, I knew Peter Vaovasa; he lived on Kiska Road - at SF Hunter Point.

I knew his uncle, Pastor Joe Vaovasa - many of Peter's relatives, too - as anyone who knows the Polynesian community -  more, Samoan - large families, close-knit - friendly - and they all loved me dearly.

Around 2004 we organized ourselves and created AIGA 1 - we met at the Bayview Police Station - where we had our meetings - and these gatherings kept us together - while we handled our business - and did what we could - to serve the community at large.

AIGA means family - and it did meet us together - for a long time.

Peter Vaovasa played his role - so did Andrew Vai, Tree, Eskimo, Mape, Afa, Jonathan Kaulave and mentors John Nauer, Gaynor Siataga, and many others - who to this day - are proud of what we did to keep the youth safe and on the ready - to contribute their best to society.

We all keep in touch today - miss the meetings - and special events - we organized - cultural events one of a kind.

I took care to photo-document these events, and as I look at the many photographs and reminisce - tears of joy come naturally - because those meetings, more, cultural events, BBQ's, Summer Camps to Lake South Tahoe, Oxnard, Santa Cruz - more - are etched on our minds and hearts.   

After all these years - each has gone their own way. However, spread all over the place - all it takes an invitation - and we can gather - and catch up - rejoice that we are still bonded - after all these years.

From time - someone will mention a name - and we reminisce and pray to God for each other's well-being. Every time I met Peter Vaovasa - we had a good talk - and most of it was about the well-being of our good friends and family.

God has been good to us, and I often use to meet Peter Vaovasa - until he moved to Sacramento - married, he had a wife and children that he loved and cared for.

When someone so young leaves us - to join our ancestors - we must pause and count what we have achieved - good.

Better - ourselves - and remember one day - there will be a reunion - each one of us - taking with us little - but more of good actions. 



Rest in peace - Peter Vavosa - #58


To those that know me - my journey - on this Earth - has been fascinating - the Polynesian community has been close to my heart. 

Those who knew Peter Vaovasa - understood where he came from - Peter was down to Earth.

We have a poet - Andrew Vai - who is married and has a wife and child - we two - Andrew and I share the love for writing, poetry, and sports.

The Brother Mape and Afa are close to me - each brother unique - both close to my heart. God bless them all.

Eskimo is Black and loved - we invited him to our camp at South Lake Tahoe.

Peter Vaovasa was instrumental - Peter Vaovasa facilitating and uniting all - Peter Vaovasa has an ambiance and a charm of his own - a facilitator and one who kept it - all together.

Macmanus is still around - I have not met him in recent years - but he will agree with me - Peter Vaovasa was an integral part of our inner circle of good friends.

Peter Vaovasa, Andrew Vai, Mape, Jonathan Kaulave, Macmanus, Eskimo - others loved sports - more American Football - it was all good.

We love you, Peter Vaovasa, and we will honor and utter your name with respect.

I love you, Brother, and your loss means a lot to me - you touched the lives of many - shuttling people from place to place - and doing an outstanding job.

Your short stint as a Security Guard at Walgreens -  I saw you in action - the short time you worked at the Walgreens in San Francisco - the Walgreen on San Bruno Avenue at Felton.

I just found out the memorial services will be held - at the Community Faith Center AOG  - in San Francisco - 1819  San Jose Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94112.

The memorial service will be held on Saturday,  July 10, 2021 - in the morning.






God bless Peter Vaovasa - his family, his loved ones - and all those who loved Peter Vaovasa. 

Rest in Peace - my good friend and Brother - Peter Vaovasa.


  




 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment