Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 27, 2022

LIFE IS FOR THE LIVING - NOT THE LIVING DEAD. 75 YEARS AGO - AT 1 AM IN THE MORNING - MY MOTHER ALICE - GAVE BIRTH TO A BOY - THAT BOY WAS ME - I WAS BORN IN NAIROBI, KENYA - TODAY I LIVE IN SAN FRANCISCO.

 




Francisco Da Costa, age three years
 (circa 1950).


Seventy-five years ago - on October 27, my mother gave birth to a boy - that boy was me. Francisco Da Costa. 

At the age of two, I contacted Poliomelytis, and the entire left side of my body was paralyzed.

I overcame the paralysis - my Kikuya nanny massaging me - and others, too many to name - loving me as best they could.

As a child, I excelled in sports - soccer, field hockey, cricket, volleyball, and other games.

My father and mother did their best to introduce me to people - who loved me because I loved to sing, act, and ask many questions.

During my youth, I never allowed my physical challenge to slow me down - I excelled in what I did - working very hard - at everything that came my way.




I have hundreds of photographs, mostly black and white - here is one of my mother, Alice, my father, Manuel - my sister Dora and of course, the man of the hour - Francisco.


Nairobi, Kenya, is located at 5800 feet - above sea level - and has a cool climate. I remember the rain - and I loved going in the rain - and enjoying myself.

I remember the garden we had - the rich soil - the large cabbage roses my mother tendered - many other flowers - one of a kind.

Then there were vegetables - and fruits like guava, grapes, loquats, pomegranates, and the birds that loved to come and help themselves.

I would spend time in the garden - climb a tree - I love climbing trees and sitting there and pondering - telling myself what I wanted to become - and I love to remember those memories - to this day.

I was introduced to archeology and the sciences.

 Early on, I met and spent time with the famous Louis and Mary Leakey - who found Lucy - for those that follow anthropology and archeology. East Africa is the home of humankind.

To this day, I am deep into archelogy that led me to follow - the San Francisco - Muwekma Ohlone tribe and other indigenous tribes. 



Here I am with some youth - when I lived in Nuremberg, Germany.


Blessed to have traveled all over the world - I have seen things for myself - and can do a quick needs assessment - of what is happening worldwide.

My blog - this blog that you are reading - covers many issues - on the local, state, federal, and world that we all live in.

Primarily addressing Quality of Life issues.



My grandfather - Nascimento Trinidad. 

 

My grandfather went to South Africa and, as you can see, fought and won some medals.

I am proud of my grandfather and bear his name as my middle name.

As most of you crooks know - I am a fighter - I am not afraid of those that steal and fleece the poor.

I think I get most of it from my grandfather - I have some old photographs of my grandfather - but I worked on this one to showcase how he carried himself.



After the October 17, 1989 earthquake - I was presented the Commander's Award - for serving the people of San Francisco - by General Harrison.





When I visited Melbourne, Australia - with my sisters.





Francisco Da Costa - Director of Environmental Justice Advocacy.



Thank you all - who sent me good wishes - today, the day of my birth.

Many of you see me during Public Comments - and have no clue - about me. This small write-up is for you - who always asks me questions - where am I from? What do I do for a living? Who will stand up for the poor - and uplift them? Why have we to bear and deal with all the abject corruption? Now you know - some.





I spent quality time at the San Francisco - Presidio of San Francisco.

Worked for the Sixth United States Army and Presidio of San Francisco. 

I was the Congressional Liaison for Sixth United States Army and served the twelve Western States.

I also worked for the Department of Interior - and created the Infrastructure Group, the Maintenace and Technical Support Group, and the Real Estate and Property Management Group.




My love for the Department of Defense is right on.


In 1989 during the Big Earthquake - I was given a commendation for my work during the Earthquake. A Commander's Award. 

On my retirement, I was given several commendations - every commendation given to me by the Department of Defence is dear to me.

Today we live in the United States, where over thirty percent of the voting population does not believe in " Democracy. " 

Here is San Francisco - corruption has reached a saturation point.

Even as I write these lines - the Federal Bureau of Investigation - is busy gathering information - most Blacks who are deep into illegal activity - which is embedded at City Hall and Room 200.

We must be spiritual, which means we must fine-tune our conscience.

Religions and dogma are not what makes a good woman or man.

Good actions do - most of us are hoodwinked by poverty-pimp pastors - mostly Blacks in San Francisco. It does not help that most of the crooks are Black too - and are shameless.

In the interim, our infants, our children, our youth, our young adults - our beloved Elders - more our mentally and physically challenged - are slowly dying.

We have the Living and the Living Dead.

Only those who have their heart in the right place - can take others to a better place. Aho.






No comments:

Post a Comment